Thursday, August 12

featured seller: The Petite Chouette




Today's featured seller is Eva from The Petite Chouette, one of my fellow members of the Indie Free Spirits Team. From the moment I found her shop, I fell in love with it. It's very girly and kind of whimsical, a perfect combination. Please take some time to read the interview and find out more about Eva and then go on and browse her lovely shop (maybe you can put to use the reader discount she is offering!).

facebooktwitter

Please tell us a little about yourself, your background, and your life.

My name is Eva, I'm 22 and I live in Germany. I love traveling, cats, my sewing machine and my friends.



What inspired you to open an Etsy shop? What's the story behind it?

I opened my Etsy shop in September 2009 because I wanted to see if anyone else but me would love to wear kitten sleeve tees and buttoned tights. So in the beginning 'ThePetiteChouette' was more an experiment than a well thought out concept. I gave it a try and I'm still amazed at how many people tell me that they love my designs. This is what keeps my shop alive I think, all the people who keep telling me that they really love what I'm doing, all those lovely feedbacks from happy customers.



What is the significance with the name 'ThePetiteChouette'?

'ThePetiteChouette' is a name that combines two of my favorite languages, English and French and which refers to one of my favorite stuffed animals when I was a child, a small brown 'Steiff' owl I carried with me everyday.



Is your shop more of a full time job or a 'one the side' thing? What is your typical day like?

ThePetiteChouette started as a 'thing on the side' and is more and more becoming a full time job. I still go to school so it's not a full time job as such but I make use of every free hour to bring my ideas to life. I usually get ideas during my lessons which is why my calendar is filled with little sketches and memos so I don't forget any ideas. Back at home I normally take a look at my sketches from school and think them over or start sewing them right away.



Describe your style. Is it similar to the style of your shop?

My style is quite similar to the pieces I design for 'ThePetiteChouette'. During the day I usually wear simple but unique T-Shirts or dresses and in the evenings I love to dress up and wear fancy mini dresses with bows, lace and ruffles. I'd love to be able to wear pink which is why many of my items are pink, but I don't think that color looks good on me. At the moment I'm addicted to floral patterns and lace and I'm always on the look-out for floral or lacy fabrics.




The Petite Chouette is offering a 10% discount on anything in the shop excluding made-to-order items. Just enter "Blueheart reader" in the message to seller at checkout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving love for Blueheart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails